PATIENT COMMITMENT PAGE
We require you to read this form first as it will clearly lay out what you can expect as a new patient and the steps you will need to take to gain maximum benefit from your treatment.
Health has a lot to do with personal responsibility. Our clinic can certainly offer you very deep and powerful support in overcoming chronic health conditions or pain. But it will ultimately be up to you to be accountable for your own health by being compliant with the lifestyle recommendations we offer, whether they be dietary, exercises, or stress reduction techniques.
A lot of people assume that acupuncture works like magic and all they have to do is show up for treatment and their health problems will disappear. This is not the way that Chinese medicine works. Especially with chronic health issues, we have to work together as a team and implement a variety of lifestyle strategies for the acupuncture to work on the deepest level possible. If you have been told 'acupuncture should work on the first treatment-or else it's not going to work at all', this is false information and we encourage you to consider otherwise.
Many times, the effects of acupuncture will take hold after an initial series of 6-8 treatments depending on your situation. Sure, there are times where you'll feel amazing after the first treatment, but for chronic issues you can expect it to take some time.
Here are the exact steps you will need to take to gain maximum benefit from your treatment. Gary 'JB' Baranzini, L.Ac. is very excited to work with you if you are willing to hold yourself accountable to these very important actions steps:
#1 Consistency in Treatment--On your first visit, we will discuss frequency and number of treatments to reach maximum progress. We ask that you make a commitment to the treatment plan by making your visits a top priority. Acupuncture and functional medicine work best with consistent and cumulative care.
#2 Eat a well balanced diet--this is one of the most important steps you can take to heal all kinds of chronic issues. Many of our patients are asked to undergo allergy elimination protocols as well in order to achieve optimal benefit.
#3 Exercise 3-4 times per week--walking, stretching, yoga, biking, etc., preferably you can find something you enjoy
#4 A few minutes a day of quiet time and introspection--meditation is ideal for this purpose.
#5 Willingness to let go of addictions that are undermining your health
We have found that Chinese medicine can work on very profound levels if these basic steps are taken. We only ask that you do the best you can to follow these guidelines, as they will ensure that you receive the full benefit from our care.
After seeing hundreds of patients over the past several years, we'd like to share with you an overview of the patient that does best with our approach. Our ideal patients:
* are willing to take responsibility for their health--they are not just looking for a magic bullet that will instantly cure their issues
* are interested in working with their minds by exposing and liberating harmful or limiting beliefs (our approach to medicine very much honors the powerful role the mind plays in our health)
* are generally interested in living with purpose and in balance
* are compliant--they are happy to make recommended lifestyle changes and to take their prescribed herbs
* value their health and the treatment process--they make a commitment to showing up on time for treatment and sticking to their appointments because they know how important it is.
* see Chinese medicine as a lifestyle choice-generally we don't see patients that just have a specific pain they want to go away in 1 or 2 treatments and then they never come back.
* are eager to learn and grow
If this describes you, great! We'd love to have you at our practice and you should do very well with our approach. Be sure to start by downloading our How to Thrive ebook. Then call us at 925.461.5372 and we'll get you in just as soon as we can!